SUMMARY Dxmail missing from V4.0F distribution CD

From: system PRIVILEGED account <root_at_daria.ph.flinders.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:22:04 +1030 (CST)

I posted:

>The Installation Guide for Tru64 Unix V4.0F states, on page D-12, that the 4.0F
>distribution contains dxmail in the software subset OSFXMAIL440. Yet this
>subset does not seem to be included on the V4.0F Operating System CD
>(AG-QTM9G-BE). Does anybody know why dxmail is missing, and where I could find
>it?

The definitive answer is that starting with V5.0 dxmail is officially gone,
being replaced by dtmail. In practise, however, it seems that dxmail was removed
already in V4.0F and the reference to dxmail in the Installation Guide for Tru64
Unix V4.0F is there by mistake. One MIGHT get dxmail from V4.0E to work on
V4.0F, but it's not guaranteed.

Thanks to Dr Tom Blinn and Paul Sand for the information.

Boris Blankleider
Flinders University
South Australia
root_at_daria.ph.flinders.edu.au