From: Jim R Jones <Jim.R.Jones_at_Cummins.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:21:19 -0500

I would first like to thank everyone that supplied input to this problem:

Dr. Tom Blinn
Oisin McGuinness
Tom Reu
Shing-Gene Yung

What we did to resolve it is to construct scripts that looked like the following
      to load our software:
#!/bin/sh
mount fspxsris1:/usr/var/adm/ris/ris0.alpha /mnt
cd /mnt/product_3
setld -l . O3DDWSBASE496
setld -l . O3DDWSCOMMON496
setld -l . O3DDWSCONFIG496
setld -l . O3DDWSGLBASE496
setld -l . O3DDWSGLEXAM496
setld -l . O3DDWSGLMAN496
setld -l . O3DDWSMITPEX496
setld -l . O3DDWSMITPEXEXAM496
setld -l . O3DDWSMITPEXMAN496
setld -l . O3DDWSPCM496
setld -l . O3DDWSPEX496
setld -l . O3DDWSPHRMAN496
setld -l . O3DDWSPHRTO496
setld -l . O3DDWSSTEREO496
setld -l . O3DDWSSTEREOMAN496
setld -l . O3DDWSZE3496
setld -l . O3DDWSZLXE496
setld -l . O3DDWSZLXL496
rm /sbin/rc3.d/S99open3d
umount /mnt
mount fspxsris1:/usr/var/adm/ris/clients/sets /mnt
cp /mnt/alpha_1gb/george/S99nextproduct /sbin/rc3.d
reboot

This seem to solve our problem. Just for the record, we used the postload
script to plant the first load at sbin/rc3.d which then removed itself after it
is done then put the next script in /sbin/rc3.d and so on. This way we can
clone the workstations and a couple of special servers quickly. Plus, if they
loose a system drive just boot to the ris server and redo the system drive
quickly.

jim jones