SUMMARY: Building bind-8.2.2-PL5

From: Sean O'Connell <sean_at_stat.Duke.EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:01:21 -0500

Hi All-

I wanted to report back on my trials and tribulations with
building ISC's bind-8.2.2PL5. I wanted to thank the folks
that got back with me on this: Nancy Davis, Jim Williams,
and Robert R. Schneider.

I was able to successfully build named one of two ways:

Using gcc-2.8.1 instead of cc: made the following changes to
port/decunix/Makefile.set

'CC=gcc'
'CDEBUG=-g -O'
'REENTRANT='

or

Using cc.alt instead of cc: only change being

'CC=cc.alt'

Not sure if this helps or what the heck I was/am doing wrong
(sigh). My original missive was as follows:

orig> Has anyone out there successfully built ISC's bind-8.2.2-PL5 under
orig> Tru64 v4.0F pk2. I am attempting to build it with cc. The build
orig> fails for lib/resolv/res_mkupdate.c complaining about
orig>
orig> struct in6_addr in6a;
orig>
orig> saying in6a is an incomplete structure... this causes the resolver
orig> to be left out libbind. I have searched around and found nothing
orig> that really addresses this issue.

Sean O'Connell Email: sean_at_stat.Duke.EDU
Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences Phone: (919) 684-5419
Duke University Fax: (919) 684-8594