Infinite Inode Loop

From: hans van der heide <hans.vanderheide_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:02:45 +0100

Hi,

I have the following trivial problem:

On one of our systems (Tru64 4.0D, advfs) I find a directory with an
infinite loop of inodes in it, a subdirectory points to the directory
itself. While this system cannot be shutdown and the directory is in /usr I
cannot run verify which might eventually solve the problem itself.
How can I remove / patch the directory in a running system?

Hans van der Heide (hans.vanderheide_at_bdl.ch)