SUMMARY 2: "uerf/decevent-like" reporting utility for DS20

From: Paul N. Youngblood <youngbp_at_uahis1.uah.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:47:27 -0600 (CST)

Hello again,

Thanks to the following two for their input.
I received these as my first SUMMARY was on its way
to the list.

Scooter Morris <scooter_at_gene.com> informed me that for
Tru64 UNIX v5.0 there is a tool called EVM -- Event
Monitoring System. We aren't running v5.0 yet, but this
product sounds very nice. It provides a single,
comprehensive interface to the various logs generated by
the system.

"Lavelle, Bryan" <Bryan.Lavelle_at_compaq.com> responded with
the name the previous SUMMARY mentioned (Compaq Analyze).
Apparently, if you've installed it, you invoke it with
the command "ca".

Thank you again for your responses.

Paul Youngblood

-----------original posting-------------------------------
Subject: "uerf/decevent-like" reporting utility for DS20

Hello Admins,

Does anyone know the name of the utility that I should use
to generate error reporting for an AlphaServer DS20 these days?
Someone from Compaq tech support was explaining to me how
to run the RCU (RAID Config Utility) for the single-channel
RAID controller (KZPAC-AA) that came with it, and happened to
mention that instead of using uerf or DECevent (dia), I should
use something called "Compaq ____________". I just cannot
remember the name. Do you have a guess as to what it is?