Calculating partition sizes

From: Marco van Herwaarden <Marco.van.Herwaarden_at_cens.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:53:35 +0200

Please give me some advice.

I'm in the process of installing a new AlphaServer. Usually there is a paper
included with the advised partition size for the root, usr and swap spaces
based on the configuration. This time nothing was included and I can't find
an old paper for reference.

Does anybody know of an easy way to calculate these numbers or advise me?

I need the numbers for the following configuration:
- AlphaServer DS20
- 3Gb internal memory
- 2 x 17Gb RAID 5 disks
- Tru64 Unix V4.0f
- Server will be an application and database server

With regards,

Marco van Herwaarden
          Engineering Manager Woningbeheer

         Inter Access Cens B.V.
         Gebouw "De Molenwiek"
         Groningenweg 6
         2803 PV Gouda
         Nederland

Tel: +31(0182)537477
Fax: +31(0182)570186
Web: http://www.cens.nl <http://www.cens.nl>
E-mail: marco.van.herwaarden_at_cens.nl <mailto:marco.van.herwaarden_at_cens.nl>