new kernel prob!

From: Mike Lutwick <mlutwick_at_STMARYS.CA>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:24:18 -0300

Well I restored all the files from a very old alpha server to a new DS20!
I fixed the fstab to reflect the new disks they were rz drives and now re
drives. So I need to rebuild the kernel, I know
boot from genvmunix, but I am getting errors,and also the directory where
the kernel is located is on the /usr file system that is not mounted.

Some errors that I get when booting from genvmunix.

init: Command is respawning too rapidly.
id: cons "usr/sbin/getty console vt100

/dev/re0a on / No such device

Basically there is all the old setup from the old system on the new system.
I want to update the kernel, all the devices... etc...etc....

running 4.0f...

Thanks