ES40s and KVMs

From: Riggs, Joan <Joan.Riggs_at_kls.usaka.smdc.army.mil>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 11:12:19 +1200

I have three new ES40s. I am trying to use one Compaq-supplied KVM (at
latest firmware level) for all three systems so I can use one
monitor/mouse/kb for all three. I also have an Intel-based server and an
Alpha200 system on this same KVM. I use the same type KVM on other Intel
and Alpha systems with no issues. However, on the ES40s, I experience no
response from the keyboard/mouse to the ES40s on a regular basis.

We've tried every configuration combination we can think of and realize that
this KVM is simply not compatible with the ES40s. What does everyone else
use with ES40s? If you DO use the Compaq-supplied KVM with ES40s, what
configuration did you use?

Thanks in advance,
Joan Riggs
Raytheon RSE / KLS