INFO: DECnet-Plus v4.03 possible installation bug?

From: Emil L. Dragic <Emil.Dragic_at_mobtel.co.yu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:51:43 +0200

Hi Admins!

This is not really question, more is just information about possible bug in
wanosf_e04030 installation/configuration procedure.

Platform:
AS2000 4/275
Digital EISA WAN adapter (I can't remember part name)
Tru64 4.0F Patch kit 1
WAN support for Digital Unix (patch kit 4 for WAN supp.)

Yesterday, after successfully installation of all components of
wanosf_e04030, we configure our system to use OSI applications over X.25
network using CONS services. Everything looks OK. Short test show that FTAM
(ftam_listener) over X.25 works OK.
Then we decide to reboot system. After restarting, FTAM was failed.
When we try to start ftam_listener manually, error is displayed:

# /usr/sbin/ftam_listener razvoj
Cannot open transport endpoint in order to determine template type
Alias lookup failure
#

Little investigation shows that there is no S28.60decnetosi file in
/sbin/rc3.d directory ?

I've create it manually and after system reboot, FTAM working OK again.

So problem is solved, but I wondering now. Are installation procedure forget
to create this link file or what? Thus anyone have similar experience?

Regards,

Emil L. Dragic
Senior System Administrator
Mobtel, Yugoslavia
+381 63 230 657 Emil.Dragic_at_mobtel.co.yu