adding filesets

From: Riggs, Joan <Joan.Riggs_at_kls.usaka.smdc.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:01:31 +1200

I am running Tru64 4.0f on ES40s, using AdvFS for all my filesystems.
I hope I can state my dilemma clearly.

Currently, I have one fileset per domain. I want to split one of the
domains into two filesets
but don't see anything in the documentation for migrating data from one
fileset to another.

The issue I am facing is that I need to create the new fileset and set the
mount point as
an existing directory. If I do that, will I lose access to the current
files in that directory,
much like I would for a new filesystem or domain? If so, is there a way to
migrate the
data from the existing directory into the new fileset? Or will I need to
stage the data
elsewhere and move it back after I create the new fileset?

Thanks in advance,

Joan Riggs
Raytheon RSE / KLS
Information Technology