IDE/SCSI RAID on Tru64 anyone?

From: Thomas Leitner <tom_at_radar.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:06:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello,

We want to bring about 300GB of data on-line. The data's currently stored
on numerous CD-ROMs. After considering the current CD-ROM tower prices, we
figured out that a cheaper option is probably to use multiple IDE drives
in a RAID-0 configuration, as 75GB IDE drives go for about US$650.

I know that there are external RAID systems which internally employ IDE
drives but have a U2W SCSI interface to the host computer.

Question: Is anyone using such a RAID system on a Tru64 system? If yes
which brand/model? Any other comments anyone?

Thanks a lot // Tom
Dr. Tom Leitner                             Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology,
e-mail    : tom_at_radar.tu-graz.ac.at         Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to pgp-public-keys_at_keys.pgp.net
    Before we have the paperless office, we have the paperless toilet!