single-user mode -> no home directory

From: <Russ_Fish_at_idx.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:09:04 -0700

To: Tru 64 Gurus
I've run across an odd problem and I'm hoping someone has seen it.

We recently increased the size of our boot volume on a 4100 (4.0D PK3).
I restored the root and usr domains to the new drive (RZ2DD-LS), but
when I boot to single-user mode, I see the following:

# mount -u /
# cd /tmp
# cd
no home directory

If I boot the system normally, it works fine. Root and /usr partitions are
AdvFS. Separate problem with the issue above is that enapsulating the root
volume does not work, I get the error below:

starting LSM
LSM: Initializing rz24d.
lsm:vold: Error: /dev/volevent: No such device or address
LSM: rz24d initialization failed, rebooting.

But once the volume is mounted, I can see /dev/volevent just fine. AdvFS
verify on both root_domain and usr_domain pass normally.

I'm hoping this is something small and stupid I've missed. I will readily
admit to this in return for knowing what it is. Thanks as always--this list
rules.