Solution: DS20 Internal shelf

From: Brewer, Lee \(IndSys, GEFanuc, NA\) <"Brewer,>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:47:39 -0400

Admins,

I did some experimentation and found the answer. In the instructions, one
of the last steps was to remove jumper W1 on the back of the shelf (lower
left). I noticed that this jumper was already hanging in (on one pin but
not the other)...now, jumper W3 (there are three jumpers W1-3) is on...so I
thought maybe I read the settings backwards...but the written instructions
have it as W3,W2,W1 top to bottom. In the spirit of experimentation and
having had many a manual wrong... I removed W3...now when I do a show dev..I
get dka0-dka300 and a dkb0-db200....problem solved....

sorry for not including the show dev results...some asked for it...
also, there was one solution mentioning rebuilding the kernel...I don't
think this will give the required result...The hard drives get there SCSI
IDs from the shelf not the operating system... and if the ID is over 7,
4.0d will not recognize them....right????

Lee Brewer