Disk Space

From: <BINGHAMT_at_mail.upstate.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:00:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm a relative Tru64 newbie who has inherited an existing Alpha system
running 4.0E. I'm quite new to AdvFS and LSM, and have some disk space
issues.

The server has about 240GB worth of physical drives installed in the
cabinet. However, when I do a df, it shows that there is only about 41GB
total space available in the various filesystems. I know the box is using
RAID, but I don't know how that's configured, and assume that that wouldn't
account for about 200GB of missing disk.

We've run out of space and I need to figure out where all the missing space
is and how to add space (if possible) to two of the domains, in which the
full filesystems are assigned.

The system appears to be using LSM, which I'm only slightly familiar with
at this point.

If anyone can suggest ways to find out for sure how this system is laid out
and ways for getting more out of the available disk, I'd greatly appreciate
it. I'm continuing to scour the man pages regarding LSM and AdvFS but so
far I haven't found anything definitive.

Thank you,
Tim

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o Tim Bingham SUNY Upstate Medical University o
o Unix/VMS System Manager 1005 Jacobsen Hall o
o Operations and Network Services 750 East Adams Street o
o Info. Management & Technology Syracuse, NY 13210 o
o phone (315) 464-8294 fax (315) 464-4081 o
o binghamt_at_mail.upstate.edu web.upstate.edu/binghamt/ o
o o
o "OpenVMS is today what Microsoft wants Windows NT v8.0 to be" o
o - Compaq Computer Corp., Sept. 1998. o
o o
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo