From: Mohd Nayle <nayle_at_ncsbah.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:17:49 +0300

Thanks to :-
        Richard C Bond
        Nikola milutinuvic
        Jim Fitzmaurice
        Anthony A.D. Talltree
        Frank wortner
        Sean O'Connell & Stan
Who all gave almost the same links and advice & As Jim sent his reply
directly to the mailing list I think every body now knows what is the best.

I am afraid no body sent any details about installation and configuration.

I am also sending all the replies I received.
1- you need openSSH at openssh.org
2-You need SSH.

www.ssh.org

For MS-OS clients, look for Teraterm with the TTSH module (both free)
and putty.exe/pscp.exe, also free.

SSH will also do compression and port tunnelling.

------------------
3-What do you mean "ssh is not enough"? It encrypts both login and user
sessions. What would be more secure than that?

Nix.

--------------------
4-You need
        An SSH server on your Tru64 Unix system.
        An SSH client on your PC.
You can get clients by purchasing them from <http://www.ssh.com/> . I
believe the cost is about US $100 per client.
There may be various other clients available for less money or free at
<http://www.openssh.com/> or <http://www.freessh.org/> .
--------------------
5-You need to be running sshd on the server and have an ssh-aware
client. There are numerous (well, 4 or so maybe more) free ssh
clients kicking around:

ttssh: http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html

putty: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

ssh32: http://www.npaci.edu/Security/samples/ssh32_windows/

there are commerical ones from http://www.ssh.com and from
http://www.datafellows.com

Heck there are even java based ones: http://www.mindbright.se/mindterm/

Sean O'Connell
6-You use ssh from the server AND ssh on the client. There are several
ssh clients available. Do a web search and you'll find them. As I recall,
one that we like (which I haven't yet installed) is called SecureCRT.
Another is called FSecure (which you can get from the Data Fellows web
site).
Most require that they be purchased.

Thanks and good luck.