4.0f upgrade - java mystery

From: <Charlotte.Barsby_at_vf.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:39:04 +0100

All,

I upgraded one of my systems last night from Tru64 4.0e to Tru64 4.0f Patch
kit 3, I have done 20 or so of these upgrades so far and have not yet had a
problem.

This morning some of my developers who are using java and have been using
java122 for the past 6 months suddenly found that java117 has been installed
and replaced java122 as the default java. Java122 is still on the system,
and the developers can use it by putting in the the full path
/usr/opt/java122/.....

I need to know if this is possible, would the upgrade have done this? and
how do I get around it? I guess it needs to go in a path somewhere? or would
a link have been changed?

Charlotte