SUMMARY: Adding a 2nd NIC to 2100 (3.2c) How do I know which Slot ?

From: George Gallen <ggallen_at_slackinc.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 10:03:57 -0400

Basically, I had everything in order.

It was suggested to use sizer -n systemname to create a kernel
options file which gets created in /tmp. Print this out and use
this as a guide when running doconfig for keeping all existing
changes to the kernel.

Make note of the current NIC's MAC address. Put in the cards,
power up, do a show config and determine which NIC was assigned
to ewa and ewb based on the MAC addresses, then configure tu0
and tu1 accordingly or swap the cards.

Hopefully my firmware will recognize my NIC (DE500-AA) and the
firmware is 5.2, As per some, they already have this configuration
running under 3.2c (or had rather).

Thanks for the responses.

George