SUMMARY: How to change Keyboard for PC clients running Exceed?

From: Tom Sevy <tsevy_at_epx.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 09:02:47 -0400

Thanks to:
Bob Bumpus
Colin Walters
Selden E. Ball Jr
Paul Roetman
Steve Smith

Original Post:

> When using Hummingbird Exceed and logging onto Tru64 (V5), the keyboard
> works for basic keystrokes (all letters, numbers, Control-C, etc work) but
> the backspace key doesn't work, and I would like to be able to hit the UP
> arrow key get/edit my previous command.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Three suggestions were offered:

1) For Backspace to work, add stty erase "^H" to .profile (This worked
for backspace)
2) Change keyboard driver in Hummingbird. This didn't work or do anything
for me. Also, I use Xceed to connect to multiple platforms and
this requires making the change each time I switch hosts
3) Change keyboard driver in Application Manager > Desktop_Apps. I had no
success here either.
4) Drop Hummingbird and go to Reflection 7. (Can't, site license with
Hummingbird)
5) set -o vi if using Korn shell, be we use sh

So at this point I have a working destructive backspace key, but no up arrow
for command recall.

Some suggested