SUMMARY: patch kit installation problem

From: Evans, William C <william.evans_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 16:03:30 -0400

  The mount was unnecessary since the patch kit was being installed LOCALLY!
Hence the NFS error! All I had to do was to ignore the mount step in the
docs, cd to the BL15 directory containing patch_kits and source dupatch. I
then ran a preinstallation analysis to be sure there were no dependencies
problems, installed the patches, did a bcheckrc to fscheck the filesystems
and did an update and, as they say in Britain, "Bob's your uncle!"
Everything was done!
  Thanks to the following folks who, either directly or indirectly helped me
to wake up from my comatose state! I'm glad that I was able to regain
consciousness before the first reply came.

Nikola Milutinovic
Lindsay Wakeman
Mitch Kulberg

Original stupid question:

> I'm in the process of trying to install the latest patch kit for v.4.0f
and
> have run into a problem that I saw once before some time ago and can't
> remember the fix (didn't write it down at the time either!!!) No errors
in
> the untar.log and nothing in the syslog to help. A search of the archives
> showed no matching entries so I need your collective help.
> I've untarred the kit in /PatchKits/kit8 using the -xpvf arguments as
shown
> in the docs. Whe I try to mount the kit I get the error; "NFS Portmap:
RPC: