SUMMARY: Question about array controllers and Tru64

From: R. Richard Hirtler <hirtler_at_colltech.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:31:24 -0400

Thanks to everyone who replied.

SOLUTION:

    (remember D0 = D000)
    (oh also where you have LUN that is actual unit number) so:
    unit number = D0 = D000 = Dx0y
    rz = rz(y as letter)( ( 8 * bus number) + x )
    where (y as letter) means if it is 0 then letter is a,
    1=b,2=c,3=d,4=e,5=f,6=g,7=h
    So D0 = rza( (8*busnumber) + 0 )

    In this case I'm guessing that your HSZ is sitting on SCSI bus 5.

    So to continue D1 = D001 so
    rzb( ( 8* 5) + 0 ) = rzb40
    D102 is
    rzc( ( 8 * 5 ) + 1 ) = rzc41

Here is the solution worded differently:

    It's based on bus number first, then the D# is the target number, then
you
    apply the lun. Formula is (Bus * 8) + SCSI target ID. Throw your LUN
in
    and you have it. So for your example, rz40 is on bus 5 so;

    D0
    ( 5*8 ) + 0 = rz40
    40 + 0 = 40 =rz40

    D102
    ( 5 * 8 ) +1 = 41 = rz41 add a LUN of 2 ({ 0...7} = { a...h }) and you
have
    rzc41

-Ric
-----
R. Richard Hirtler Senior Consultant/Northeast Region
hirtler_at_colltech.com Collective Technologies
-----
It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom
to listen. ‹Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

ORIGINAL QUESTION: