How to use vdump/vrestore remotely

From: Goldberg, David \(Tandem\) <"Goldberg,>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:33:10 -0800

All,

I have a DS20 with out a tape drive. I need to backup my advfs filesets to
a tape drive that is connected remotely. Can vdump/vrestore be used to dump
and restore these filesystems from tape even though the tape drive is not
connected locally?

I have read the man pages, numerous times, and there is no indication that
this can be done.

I do not currently have a license for Legato networker or any third party
software that could do this for me, so if possible I need to use
vdump/vrestore to do it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Cheers,

David Goldberg