SUMMARY: hwmgr

From: Horsnell T. <tsh_at_mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:06:43 +0000 (GMT)

Many thanks to Colin Walters, Tom Blinn and William Bochnik for
their replies. Colin pointed me to a Best Practice document at:

http://www.tru64unix.compaq.com/faqs/publications/best_practices/BP_RECROOT/TITLE.HTM

which had the critical piece of information for me. What I needed to do after
booting the root image of my base machine to single-user, was to run
/sbin/mountroot. This updates the device database and allows subsequent
tidying with hwmgr and dsfmgr.

I find taking images much easier than the cloning methods described in the
Installation Guide -Advanced topics manual, especially if the
system you want multiple copies of is at all customised.

Phew! Thanks a lot guys.

Terry.