Using Sendmail and Exchange

From: Frederick, Bill <Isdwcf_at_cgcu.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:24:10 -0500

Dear Managers -

I have researched this topic in the archives, but I have been unable to come
up with an answer. I want to send e-mail from my UNIX (4.0D patch kit 6)
server to an Internet e-mail address. My UNIX server resides on my network
behind the firewall and is not visible from the outside. So, I am trying to
route the mail through our corporate e-mail server, which runs Exchange 5.5
sp3. From the UNIX box, I can send e-mail to people within our domain, but
people cannot send e-mail to the UNIX box. Furthermore, I cannot send
e-mail from the UNIX box to anyone not in our domain.

I configured the UNIX side using the quick setup under mailsetup. I entered
the IP address of the Exchange server as the general relay.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill Frederick