SUMMARY:Manual Password change...

From: M selcukkaraca <selcuk.karaca_at_aski.gov.tr>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 08:19:36 -0800

Good morning to all admins,
Only answer is from Tom Blinn,
Because I need menu besides the national language support, I think, will
write a C code..

THanks a lot...

-----------
Tru64 UNIX includes extensive support for writing programs that display
their message in a local language, and for providing the local language
files that are needed. There is a whole book in the manual set on this
topic and a whole lot of reference pages.

I don't have personal knowledge whether the Turkish language is one of
the languages for which the translations of message files have already
been done, you can find out.

You could write a script to get the new password from the user and then
use a tool like "expect" to run the normal "passwd" program and update
the user's password. (You'd need to get the old password as well.) It
would probably be easier to write a C program to do the menuing and be
able to turn off echoing and so forth. If the "passwd" program is one
of the fully localizable programs (it should be) and you turn on Turkish
as the default language and the message catalog files are present on the
system, then "passwd" should just work in Turkish.

selcuk.karaca_at_aski.gov.tr
Unix sys Admin
ASKI - ANKARA