Experiences with 5.1 Cluster !

From: Jan Hansen <dkJanHan_at_europe.lego.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 11:02:18 +0100

Hi Managers !

Does anyone have good/bad experiences with the Tru64 5.1 Cluster ?

Is the cluster stable, mature and production ready yet ?

We are in the process of deciding whether to select 4.0G or 5.1 for our new
Oracle Applications environment. The environment consist of 2 x GS160 and 4
x ESA12000 (SAN), Gigabit network etc.

It's obvious that 5.1 should be the preferred choice, but
availability/uptime is very critical on this particular system. We have good
experience with the 4.x clusters. They are very stable and provides us with
high uptime.

With kind regards

Jan Hansen - Senior System Manager
IT Infrastructure Management (IT-IM)