SUMMARY: Apache,Apache-JServ Build

From: Dana Huggard <dana.huggard_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 05:27:21 -0800

My original question was asking if anyone had successfully built Apache
with Jserv.

Thank you for your replies, sorry for the delay, (almost a month), in
getting a summary back.

I had replies from Steve Smith, Bill Melvin, Thomas Leitner, Anders
Trier Rasmussen and Terry Bass.

Terry made available to me the Compaq product known as "Open Source for
Internet Solutions", which contains, amoungst other goodies, A nicley
put together package of Apache JServ. (Thank you Terry)

My only problems with installation is that one must have Java118 (I had
java122 and java130) installed. The installation also assumes DNS to be
setup which would normally be the case but was not the case in this
particular server I was dealing with as it was secured behind a firewall
and had no requirements to resolve with DNS.

The Open Source for Internet Solutions (OSIS) is a very nice package.
Part number QB-3NCAA-SA. Details at
http://tru64unix.compaq.com/internet/detailed.htm

--
Cheers,