SUMMARY: NIS between 5.1 & 4.0f?

From: John Losey <JOHLOS_at_HBSI.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:53:02 -0800

Many thanks to Brian Staab who replied that he is running with a 4.0f Master
and 4.0f & 5.1 clients. I believe that my problem stemmed from installing
NIS under BASE security and then upgrading to C2. This and that
/etc/svc.conf didn't seem to get the "auth=yp,local" line when nissetup ran.

I've now got a 2 machine test NIS domain running with the Master at 4.0f &
the client at 5.1 (both running C2).

Thanks,

John