w (summ sys. info) wrong

From: Tru64 User <tru64user_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 08:59:27 -0800 (PST)

I use the command w to get system information,
and it surely giving false information (I think). I
logged out and logged back in, and "w" again, and it
shows the correct login time for user, (mollel) but
idle time says 3 days. Can anybody help explain:

janus_at_/usr0/users/mollel$ w
11:49 up 7 days, 3:55, 12 users, load average:
0.00, 0.00, 0.03
User tty from login_at_ idle
JCPU PCPU what
jwaldrop p1 nino:0.0 08:49 3:00
  1 1 /bin/X11/colo
mollel sky:0 sky:0 10:31 3days
           /usr/sbin/get
sarith p2 nsipp04:0.0 10:28 6
 47 2 xemacs catchm

sarith nsipp04:0 nsipp04:0 10:27 3days
           /usr/sbin/get
jwaldrop pa nino 08:51 9
           telnet wam.um
jwaldrop nino:0 nino:0 08:48 3days
           /usr/sbin/get
jwaldrop p8 nino:0.0 08:49 10
           /bin/X11/colo
mollel pb sky:0.0 10:32
3:06 2:19 w
mkistler quetzalcoa quetzalcoatl:0 14:34 2days
           /usr/sbin/get
tyahla isdn-dial- isdn-dial-047:0 11:06
           -
tyahla 11:06 3
           /usr/sbin/get
janus_at_/usr0/users/mollel$

=====
Richard F. MollelExperience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second time you make it.