maxusers change causing errors

From: Moler, Tom <MOLERTO_at_mail.northgrum.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:34:42 -0800

I changed my maxusers value from 32 to 512. I did this because I was getting
errors
on the server saying "task table is full". According to what I read on the
DEC website
I assumed upping maxusers should fix the problem. Since the change, I no
longer
get the "task table" error but the dba is now saying when he tries to run
Oracle
Intelligent Agent it says that it cannot load a parameter due to memory
allocation errors?
I set maxusers to 512 because my tuning book says for memory up to 1GB that
maxusers
should be 512. Could I have possibly set it too high? Thanks for any
comments.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o Tom Moler Logicon - a Northrop Grumman Company
o Unix Systems Integrator 2000 W. Nasa Blvd.
o Platform Engineering, IIS Mail Stop P02-222T
o Phone (321) 951-5206 Melbourne, FL 32904
o molerto_at_mail.northgrum.com Fax (321) 951-5980
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo