PARTIAL SUMMARY: inconsistencies between showfdmn and showfsets

From: Charlton, Mark <Mark.Charlton_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:38:43 +0000

All,

Sorry about the late posting of this summary - have been on holiday for a
while.

Many thanks to:-

Steve Hancock
John Speno
Kazuro FURUKAWA
Joe Ledesma
Stuart Hartley
Peyton Bland

I have yet to do much work to rectify what I believe the problem to be,
but... to sum up, the inconsistency I think lies in a couple of areas.

Firstly, the filesystem overhead, i.e. space used by advfs in metadata
files.

To work out the overhead for some of these files (not all, but those using
the greatest amount of space), you can:-

# cd /<mount-point>/.tags
# showfile -x M-6 M-12 M-18 M-24
# showfile -x 1

Secondly, there is a known issue with quotas in AdvFS, have been advised to
activate quotas on that file domain and run quotacheck. This can clean up
discrepancies without enforcing quotas. I've yet to carry this action out.

Thirdly, there were still unaccounted for blocks, and it is suggested that
we run verify to find lost blocks. Again this has not been carried out.
There could be an issue with the filesystem itself.

It's going to be a little while before I can carry out aforementioned
actions, so posting this for your info. If anything else comes up will post
another summary.

Please also note, to confirm, "minfree" applies only to UFS and not AdvFS.

many thanks

Mark