Tape Library NOT Visible

From: Jarek Wieczorek <jarek_at_allinfo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 02:39:34 -0600

Hello;

We have a new DS20E Alpha with RAID Array running Tru64 Unix version
4.0F (detailed configuration bellow). Recently we bought additionally a
AIT tape library SSL 2020 (single drive) from Compaq. I connected the
library to an external SCSI adapter 3X-KZPCA-AA, set SCSI IDs of the AIT
tape drive and the library motor to available IDs. Both devices are
recognized and seen at a console prompt (listing bellow) but I was
unable to make them visible to the Tru64 system. Please advise how I can
install the library to be used by the system.

Regards,
Jarek Wieczorek.

--
Jarek Wieczorek
Allinfo, inc. | SearchEngines.com
 >>> show device
dka0.0.0.7.1
	DKA0		RZ2DD-LS 0306
dqa0.0.0.105.0
	DQA0		CD-224E 9.5B
dra0.0.0.8.1
	DRA0		7 Member RAID 0
dra1.0.0.8.1
	DRA1		7 Member RAID 0
dva0.0.0.0.0
	DVA0
jka1300.13.0.7.1
JKA1300
	COMPAQ SSL2000 Series 0405
mka1400.14.0.7.1
MKA1400
	COMPAQ SDX-500C 1.27
eia0.0.0.8.0
	EIA0		00-50-8B-65-EF-AC
pka0.7.0.7.1
	PKA0		SCSI Bus ID 7
pkb0.7.0.6.0
	PKB0		SCSI Bus ID 7
pkc0.7.0.106.0
	PKC0		SCSI Bus ID 7
2. The library is by no means visible by the system. Also when booting
from general kernel. During boot there is no information about the
library devices, as well.
 > scu show edt
CAM Equipment Device Table (EDT) Information:
	Device: RZ2DD-LS	Bus: 0, Target: 0, Lun: 0, Type: Direct Access
	Device: CD-224E		Bus: 1, Target: 0, Lun: 0, Type: Read-Only Direct Access
3. System Configuration
DA-56PAA-FA
AlphaServer DS20E, 67, Tru64 UNIX 1024 MB, CD
3X-BA56P-PB
Pedestal/Tower Kit
BN39C-02
1.8 video extension cable
SN-PBXGK-BB
ELSA Gloria Synergy graphics with 8 MB SGRAM
3X-KZPCA-AA
Single channel LVD adapter
KZPAC-CA
PCI 3 port RAID controller w/4 MB cache
3X-D600-AA
PCI Fast Ethernet (10/10 Mbit)
DS-RZ1DA-VW
Six of 9.1 GB 7200 RPM StorageWorks UltraWide Disks
3X-BA611-4D
Four bay Disk Drive Cage
DS-BA35-KF
StorageWorks Ultra Pedestal (SE, Single Bus)
BN37A-03
3.0 meter VHDCI male to VHDCI male cable