2nd vga card in AS4100.

From: Tony McElhill <tony.mcelhill_at_uk.airsysatm.thomson-csf.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 10:43:44 +0000

Hi,

I want to add a 2nd trio64 1Mb graphics card to a 4100 but am not having
much luck.

Server spec:
AS4100 EV5/300 512Mb fresh install of 4.0F, no additional software /
patches installed. Console 5.8-2.
pci0 slot 4 = trio vga
pci1 slot 2 = ethernet
pci1 slot 3 = scsi
pci1 slot 4 = fddi

The above is fine, but I tried adding the new card (same as original
card) in pci1 slot 5 and that seemed to be OK in that I could do a sh
config to see it at the console. However, though I could boot off
vmunix, booting off genvmunix caused a crash ("Machine Check Processor
fatal abort").

Any suggestions?

Regards & thanks in advance,

Tony.

P.S. I checked out the new card in place of the original and it's OK.