[Q] 4.0F + NHD 3 updating from PK#4 to PK#5

From: Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo_at_albourne.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:44:36 +0000

Dear all,

having received the latest Compaq advisory regarding a patch kit for
4.0F:

http://ftp.support.compaq.com/patches/public/unix/v4.0f/duv40fas0005-20010201.README

I was wondering what its interaction with the New Hardware Deployment
Kit version 3 might be. For example NHD sticks some stuff in
/etc/sysconfigtab which I'd be rather displeased to see removed and
some other stuff in the kernel configuration file to see the ee0
(EtherExpress) device.

So far my strategy has always been "base OS + NHD + current patch kit"
but now I need to update to the latest patch kit which I've never done
on a machine with NHD installed, hence the question.

Thanks,

Arrigo

--
Arrigo Triulzi <arrigo_at_albourne.com>