XDMCP

From: Jonathan Williams <jonathw_at_shubertorg.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:16:20 -0400

Ok, this might not be exactly a Tru64 question, so please point me in the right direction if this question shouldn't be asked here.
I just got a cute little X-terminal to be used to connect to our Tru64 (5.1 patch 3) servers, and run our main production application. I setup the terminal to use XDMCP, so we could choose which host to connect to at bootup. The problem is that right now our production environment is split into 2 networks, and the terminal can only seem to connect via XDMCP to the servers on the same network. It can ping, and telnet to ALL the servers--so there is connectivity. I'm thinking it's the way XDMCP broadcasts over the network. It's definitely not a problem with the terminal, because I setup Xcursion (NT PC) to use XDMCP and it came up with the same list of servers as the terminal. So basically I was wondering if there is a way around this issue, or if someone could at least point me in the right direction. TIA

Jonathan Williams
UNIX Systems Administrator
The Shubert Organization, Inc.