sendmail and sender address

From: Robert Stewart <robert.stewart_at_cogita.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:51:25 +1100

Emails form our server, when sent outside our network appear as
username_at_machine.your.domain. We wish these to appear as
username_at_your.domain.
We changed the following in the sendmail.cf

# name exported on external internet mail
DWyour.domain

This works perfectly except when sent from an account that has a sendmail
alias in /var/adm/sendmail/aliases.
e.g alias root fred_at_joe.com
Email from root ignores the DW sendmail setting.

Any ideas ?

P.S The reason is because some external companies do reverse lookups and
machine.your.domain does no exist in the public domain.

Thanks
Robert.