NFS write error !

From: harish arora <harisharora_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:24:41 -0800 (PST)

Hello Managers,

We are mounting two filesystems from system A to system B . System A is
running on tru64 ver 5.0 and system b running on tru64 ver 4.0E. We are
using nfs version 3 . It's working fine also . When we try to create
database on our system B and database creation script is creating
files on these two file systems also .It started giving this error

Message :

ORA-19510: failed to set size of 256 blocks for file
"/x01/oradata/db1/psrbs0
301.dbf" (blocksize=8192)
ORA-27044: unable to write the header block of file
Digital Unix Error: 60: Connection timed out
Additional information: 3
ORA-19502: write error on file "/x01/oradata/db1/psrbs0301.dbf", blockno 1
(b
locksize=8192)
ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
Digital Unix Error: 2: No such file or directory

We check the file system from other window, it's available and tried to copy
files bigger than 2gb and it went smoothly .

I have modified "timeout value=40" and "retry value=40000" in /etc/fstab .
But the problem still remains the same .

I would appreciate your support on this issue .

Thanks in advance !

Harish Arora