UPDATE: Compiling error

From: Jim Fitzmaurice <jpfitz_at_fnal.gov>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:18:12 -0600

Managers,
        I recieved one reply to my question, and that was from John Speno, (Thanks
John). He suggested increasing the ulimit: data area. I am not sure how to
go about doing this on Tru64, John offered some suggestions, (included
below) but putting it in the users .cshrc and/or .login file didn't work. We
are running NIS but not enhanced security. My question is how do I increase
the ulimit for a user? And if neccessary, how can I increase the default
ulimit for all users?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim Fitzmaurice
jpfitz_at_fnal.gov

UNIX is very user friendly, It's just very particular about who it makes
friends with.
___

Jim:

There's two ways I can think of. Either put it in their .profile (.cshrc,
or whatever), or if you use enhanced security (and you should), you can set
their rlimits in the user's auth entry. See prpasswd for more info, and use
edauth to set it.

Hope that helps.