mount option 'nogrpid' has no effect

From: Horst G. Reiterer <horst_at_reiterer.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 20:20:31 +0100

Hi,

I have an AdvFS fileset for which I changed the mount options to include
'nogrpid' which will have an effect on the way, a group is assigned to a new
file.
However this seems to have no effect as the situation hasn't changed, the
parent dirs group is still used as a reference (no sgid was assigned to the
test dir). I checked the mounted fileset to go for sure the option was
recognized correctly and this was the case.
Could this be related to the fact that the fs is not UFS but AdvFS? If not,
what could the reason be?

Some info:

# mount
test_domain#test on /test type advfs (rw, nogrpid)
# id
uid=500(httpd) gid=500(httpd)
# pwd
/
# ls -l
drwxrwxrwx 6 root system 8192 Feb 22 23:36 test
# touch /test/test
# ls -l /test/test
-rw-r--r-- 1 httpd system 0 Feb 26 18:30 test

If it worked, the group would have to be httpd, equal to the users group
id...

Thanks in advance for any help on this...

cheers,

    Horst Reiterer