Password sharing with DU4.0D, NS Dir 4.1, Novell Net. 4.11

From: Richard Jackson <rjackson_at_portal.gmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:42:34 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

We are exploring options to have Digital UNIX 4.0D with C2 Enhanced Security
share passwords with Netscape Directory Server 4.1 (LDAP server). We prefer
real time updates of passwords but batch methods have some merit.

Is anyone doing this?

What are possible ways of accomplishing this?

Have there been reliability problems with the Netscape Directory Server?

All ideas and options are welcome.

As a secondary concern, we would like to explore the possibility of
including Novell Netware 4.11 password sharing in the above environment.
We must make our recommendations by this Thursday, 3/23/00.

--
Regards,
Richard Jackson