Adding a hot swap disk to 2100A

From: Chan Cao <ccao_at_brooks.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:48:27 -0400

Admins:

I installed a couple of disks in some free slots on my
AS 2100A...these are hot swap bays...

I've been looking for ways to make the system recognize
these but to no avail. I don't want a reboot.

I was looking at DDR to do this...The doc seems to advertise
too much but does little:

Dynamic Device Recognition is a framework for describing the operating
parameters and characteristics of SCSI devices to the SCSI CAM I/O
subsystem. You can use DDR to include new and changed SCSI devices into your
environment without having to reboot the operating system. You do not
disrupt user services and processes, as happens with static methods of
device recognition.

Then at the end, there's a section showing how to add a disk and it
mentioned that
a reboot is required...

I'm on 4.0D.

Will sumarize and thanks.