Storage Works Command Console not working with HSG80 ACS V8.5F

From: Goetzman, Dan <Dan_Goetzman_at_bmc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:39:13 -0500

 Hello everyone,

 A week ago, I knew little about a StorageWorks array or the SWCC.

 I have a HSG80 running ACS 8.5F connected to a Fibre Fabric switch. I have
a NT system, Tru64, and a Solaris system that can all see storage defined in
the array. I then decided "enough of this CLI command line stuff", let me
install the SWCC software. I have it installed on my NT workstation to
manage a SWXCR controller on another Tru64 server, but apparently I need the
latest version to support the HSG80.

 So, I installed the V8.5b "Solution Software for Windows NT". I installed
both the client and the agent (on the NT system connected to the Fibre
switch). I can connect with the CLI client to the local agent on the same NT
system and it will detect the subsystem configured into the "steam" agent
(and then allow me to enter CLI commands OK). When I try to use the
"HSG80ACS8.5 client" however, I can connect to the agent but it will NOT
detect any subsystems.

 Anyone have SWCC up and running with the new V8.5F Fabric aware HSG80
controller? What did I miss?

TIA,

Dan Goetzman

BMC Software