From: Stan Horwitz <stan_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 11:40:09 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> Does anyone run SAS 6.12 under Tru64 Unix? We've been running it for a
> while on an AlphaServer 8200 with Tru64 Unix 4.0d Patch Kit #10. Several
> of our users have been getting a lot of work done with SAS in its Xwindows
> environment. After January 3 when the /home volume on the system crashed,
> several users are saying that SAS no longer works in Xwindows properly.
> The usual SAS windows appear, but one cannot type anything in the program
> window. The users all gain access to Xwindows through a PC emulation
> package, not a real Xwindows terminal.

The original problem still persists, but as it turns out, this happens
only on certain Xwindows emulators. Our SAS users can use a different
Xwindows emulator to get SAS to work properly. An emulator that works with
SAS turns out to be Hummingbird's Exceed Xwindows emulator. The only
problem with this is that this software comes with a hefty price tag.

I have spent several hours implementing the suggestions of various people
who responded to my question about this problem to no avail. The only
solution that turned out to work was changing the emulation software.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query.