Read newsgroups offline with Outlook Express
Some newsgroups contain so many messages that you could spend hours reading thembut why tie up your phone line for that long? With Outlook Express, you can download newsgroup messages and then read them offline, without being connected to the Internet. You can save time by downloading only the message headers and then choosing which messages you are interested in downloading. Here's how:
To set up newsgroups for offline reading:
- In the folder list in Outlook Express, select a newsgroup.
- On the File menu, click Properties.
- Click the Synchronize tab.
- Select When synchronizing this newsgroup, download and then click the option you want.
To download messages:
- On the Tools menu, click Download All.
To download specific messages after you've downloaded headers:
- Click the message header that interests you.
- On the Tools menu, point to Mark for Offline, and then choose your download option. Repeat for other messages.
- In the Folders column, select your news server, and then click Synchronize Account.